Saturday, June 26, 2010

Espresso Martini

This is obviously a great one for late nights. If you don't want to dilute the drink too much, chill the espresso first. It obviously won't be as fresh as possible, but I don't mind.


  • 1.5 shots Russian Standard vodka
  • 1 shot fresh espresso
  • 0.5 shot Tia Maria (or Kahlua)
  • 0.25 shot simple syrup

Garnish with three coffee beans.

Photo: Phil

I've had this one many times now - a true classic. Using fresh espresso makes this drink have that true coffee flavour, and I can't get enough of it. I find the drink ever so slightly bitter, and I normally have coffee without sugar, so perhaps more simple syrup would benefit this drink for the standard palate. What more can I say about the taste than cold but fresh coffee? The strength of the espresso completely masks the vodka, but if you find vodka too strong then you'll probably experience the same with the coffee strength. Still, I can easily imagine this being appealing to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment